HOW IT WORKS
According to the studies, gentle traction is more effective in creating permanent tissue stretching (known as tissue creep). Conventional traction may benefit sever cases of disc herniation but, for most back pain Sacrotrac is the better choice.
AS A FLEXION/DISTRACTION DEVICE
- Lie on back
- Place Sacrotrac under hips with high end toward feet.
- Keeping hips on pillow, move upper body away from pillow by crawling with shoulder blades.
- A wedge shaped pillow may be placed under the upper back and head to lift head and increase the flexion affect on the low back.
AS A LUMBER SUPPORT PILLOW
- Place Sacrotrac behind the back while sitting, with the small wedge against the spine.
- The small wedge cradles the sacrum and fits into the longitudinal depression formed by the spine. Direct support is given to the sacrum and vertebrae, making this pillow particularly effective in supporting the lumbosacral area.
- Pressure is distributed evenly throughout the spine and musculature as Sacrotrac adapts it’s shape to that of the person and the seat for a perfect fit.