WHAT IS IT
Sacrotrac is a dual purpose pillow for Flexion/Distraction and Lumbar Support. Serola Sacrotrac's one-of-a-kind features include: · Direct Support - pulls directly from the sacrum · Adaptable - shapes to each individual for a perfect fit
CAUSE - Facet syndrome, disc compression, lateral canal stenosis, spondylolisthesis, and subluxation are accompanied by hypomobility, which generates hypermobility of the motor units above and below, extending to the sacroiliac joint.
EFFECT - Besides the obvious problems that occur at the lumbosacral area, noted above, the compensatory hypermobility induced into the sacroiliac joint leads to biomechanical instability throughout the musculoskeletal system. Sacrotrac can be helpful in all these conditions. In addition, it effectively stretches the low back musculature.
Reversed Pattern for Maximum Stabilization and Extra Comfort Sacrotrac reverses the pattern of lumbosacral hypomobility by decompressing and mobilizing the lumbosacral articulations, aiding most low back pain syndromes and assisting stabilization of the sacroiliac joint. User-friendly with unmistakable results, patients have found that Sacrotrac comfortably fits into their daily schedule - even watching TV.
Direct, No-Stress Support for Greater Success Unlike conventional lumbar traction units, Sacrotrac grips and tractions the sacrum directly - instead of the pelvis - eliminating stress and injury to the sacroiliac ligaments, which can cause reactive, though delayed, dysfunction and muscle spasm. Sacrotrac is slow and gentle, creating a safer, more effective, longer-lasting stretch with less effort and better results.
WHEN USED AS A FLEXION/DISTRACTION DEVICE ·
- The bottom wedge puts the pelvis into posterior tilt, placing pelvis and spine into flexion.
- The top wedge furthers this action, displacing the sacral apex anteriorly, furthering flexion of the sacrum and lumbars.
- The pillow cradles and holds the sacrum while the person slides headward, creating traction.
- Mobilizes L3-4-5-S1. Relieves posterior disc compression, facet syndrome, lateral canal stenosis, nerve root compression, spondylolisthesis, lumbar subluxation, helps stabilize the SIJ, and stretches mid and low back muscles. With time, the tissues adapt to the stretched state and remain longer, giving more permanent relief.
WHEN USED AS A LUMBAR SUPPORT PILLOW
- While seated, Sacrotrac gives direct support to the sacrum and vertebrae, evenly distributing pressure throughout the spine and musculature.